Pet Food Storage Safety Facts
posted: Jan. 20, 2019.
Are you storing your pet food in a container? If so, make sure you are doing it safely by placing the WHOLE bag into the container, not pouring it out! Why?
1. The bags that high-quality pet foods come in are designed to prevent oxidation of fats, which decreases the nutritional value of the food.
2. If containers are not washed regularly, fats from the kibble stick to the sides of the container and become rancid, which can make your pet sick.
3. Some containers are made of unsafe plastics, like BPA, that can leach into your pet's food!
4. In case of a recall or other issues, you will need to know the lot numbers and expiration dates found on the bag!
5. If your pet doesn't like the food, or stops liking it, you'll need the bag to return it to our store! (all of our foods are guaranteed!)
If you choose to store your pet food in a container, please remember to place the WHOLE bag into the container, instead of pouring it out.